Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology (MCET) is a self – financing educational institution situated in Pollachi, Coimbatore District. MCET is the vision of Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam, whose determination and dynamism made possible the realization of this institution of excellence. MCET was established in 1998 to commemorate the 75th Birthday of this great visionary Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam.
- B.E Mechanical Engineering – 120 *
- B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering – 120 *
- B.E Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 120 *
- B.E Computer Science & Engineering – 120 *
- B.Tech Information Technology – 120
- B.E Automobile Engineering – 60 *
- B.E Civil Engineering – 60 *
- B.Tech Artificial Intelligence & Data Science – 120
- B.E Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) – 60
- B.E Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security) – 60
* Tier 1 – Accredited by NBA
- M.E CAD/CAM – 6
- M.E Embedded System Technologies -12
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering – 12
- M.E Communication Systems -12
- M.E Structural Engineering – 6
- MCA Master of Computer Applications – 60
Research Programmes (Ph.D)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Physics
Salient Features of Educational System
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE).
- Industry Driven Curriculum (IDC).
- Professional Skills Development Courses (PSDC).
- One Credit Courses (OCC).
- Industry Attachment Programmes (IAP).
- Student Talent Enhancement Program – Unleashing Potential (STEP-UP).
- Learning Methods.
- Collaborative Education Program (CEP).
Research and Development
As a progressive institution, MCET encourages faculty members to actively carry out research and development in their areas of interest.
- Notable Research
- Research on Green Energy and Environment
You can Voice
A Multimedia Learning tool which facilitates Indian Language Learning for Hearing Impaired Children is being developed.
Research Collaboration with University of Manitoba, Canada & Northumbria University, UK
A Developmental Study on Computer Aided Articulatory Model for Early Language Learners using MRI database is being developed.
Skill Development Programme – ‘Suryamitra’ at MCET
“Suryamitra” – a skill development program of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in collaboration with State Nodal Agencies, which is sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India is organizing at MCET. About 90 students have successfully completed in three batches of 600 hours training each, which is a residential program includes free boarding and lodging.
I year Rs. 10,000 each
II year Rs.15,000 each
III year Rs.20,000 each
IV year Rs.25,000 each
Insurance : Safety insurance to students & parents: Risk Coverage
- Hospitalization expenses due to accident :Rs.1,75,000/-
- OP medical expenses for Rs.4,000/- for students
- Accident death of the student/Partial disability :Rs.4,00,000/-
- Accident death/Partial disability of the earning parent of student:Rs.5,00,000/-
Student Mentor Team
Student Affairs : Director – Student Affairs:
A Director’s office for students affairs is functioning in the campus exclusive for students for their grievances, if any, and personal counseling.
A Well functioned library is available for all the Students on all days with news paper reading facility of various publisher.
Free Internet facility is available for all the Students.
Value Added Services
SGS (SGS is functioning on the campus for the help of students) : Following clubs are associated with the SGS for the benefits of the students:
Canteen & Cafeteria
NIA Book Depot
Student Service Center
Yoga & Meditation Center
The Admission Officer – Pollachi
Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology
Pollachi – 642 003
Ph: 04259 – 236030 / 40
The Admission Officer – Coimbatore
Sakthi Sugars Building,
180,Race Course Road,
Mobile: (+91) 98422 21292, (+91) 99429 55540
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org