MCET Central Library inaugurated “Reader Spark” Club in 2011. It is a dedicated library for Book Lovers’ with a vision of supporting and promoting book reading habit. It is founded with the major objective of building leaders with moral values and knowledge through books.
Reading has a tremendous power to fuel the development of all aspects of language ability and development of human life entirety. Its penultimate objective is to curb the decline of book readers due to mushrooming of techie gadgets. Hence, we, the central library organize the Readers park club activities to promote the reading habits among the students. However, in the modern multimedia society, reading has taken a back seat. Therefore, it caters to the need of young adults with an opportunity to give back to their community and open their minds to the world around them
- To motivate the club members to become voracious readers
- To hone up communication skills
- To widen their personal and presentation skills
- To build their good attitude and make them optimists
- To help the society by reading inspiring books
- To provide the students with an opportunity to interact with others in a positive gesture.
The members of the readers club will meet once in a month. They would discuss and share about the current and emerging trends of various technical levels, inspiring books and articles.
The Readers park club was inaugurated. By Mr. GnanaPrakasam, AP-EEE, MCET. He described and explained the importance of reading to enrich the knowledge.107 students have participated the programme.
NAAN VIRUMBIYA PUTHAGAM event was conducted through Google Meet. In the event students described about the book such as the author’s writing style. 12 students actively participated from various departments and 40 students attended the programme.
The Rostrum Club, since its inception on 07-09-2016, has hosted numerous events and competitions for the students to enhance their language skills. The club members are admitted into the club after getting their consent individually. Five first-year students are assigned to each second- and third-year student, which fosters traits like peer interaction, teamwork, and many more. Regardless of the industry, linguistic ability is a key requirement for employers, and the rostrum club removes such linguistic inhibitions. Peer contact is emphasized in this club, which offers equal opportunities and roles to all of its members.
IDEOLOGY OF THE CLUB
- The ROSTRUM CLUB enhances the students’ communication skills and English language proficiency. It helps the students to practice speaking English in real-life situations. It enriches the individual’s teamwork and leadership skills.
- The club’s main goal is to help members improve their speaking abilities, which are thought to be the most challenging to master.
Monthly/Weekly activities like extempore, role play, debate, dialogue delivery, picture description, JAM, promoting the product, etc. are organized through the club.
- Individuals’ marketing and communication skills are improved both directly and indirectly through these activities.
- During Intra college symposiums, students are offered the opportunity to assume leadership roles.
- Group discussions conducted at regular intervalshelp the students crack their GD round during their placements.
- Members are given a variety of club responsibilities, such as president, treasurer, coordinator, etc., depending on their abilities and performance.The club provides several platforms to hone their Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills.
HIGHER EDUCATION, COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES CENTER
In the globalized world of education and job preferences, seeking and gaining knowledge has become in evitable irrespective of the geographic location. MCET’s Center for Higher Education, Competitive Examination and Foreign Languages (CHECEFL) has been established with an objective of supporting the students who intend to select their right career.
The prime objectives are:
To provide appropriate training and guidance to the students for pursuing their higher studies and competitive exam based on their preference.
To provide foreign language training class in our campus by the certified trainer for interested students.
MCET signs an MoU with Zing Language, Coimbatore on March 10th 2023.
Scope of MoU: Offers Japanese, German and French language to our students at our campus