The FDC provide a centralized service for faculty members to support their teaching/learning and research. In order to improve the Quality of Education, it has become essential to improve the teaching skills and knowledge of the teachers in the subjects they teach.
- Enhancing excellence in teaching through demonstrating and assessing significant student learning outcomes.
- Providing professional development opportunities, including leadership which helps in organizational development.
- Incorporating the effective use of technology.
- Reflects an awareness on the variety in faculty growth and development and offers comprehensive, on-going, developmental, and flexible support programs.
- Identifying the training needs of the faculty members and coordinating the training arrangements, in consultation the departments.
- Evaluating the training efficiency and maintaining the training records of the faculty members.
The FDC is responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive program for all instructional faculty across a broad range of professional practice domains: