Centre for Innovation, Business Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIBIE)
“Transforming Idea into Business Venture”
- Aligning with the Government of India’s Make in India and Start-up India policies, the campus recognizes the dire need for increasing the employment creators as opposed to seekers. With this objective CIBIE was established in the year 2015. CIBIE helps to instill the confidence in students that their raw idea could be validated and translated into a commercially successful model.
- A questionnaire administered across the college helps to discover the career aspirations of the students, whether they wish to go for employment or become an entrepreneur. The latter is given a focused orientation through series of awareness programs.
- Create platforms to showcase their ideas through idea pitching contest, select the best among the lot and put them through boot camps to validate their concept. Provide necessary support to gestate the prototype and deliver a commercially viable product.
- Generate opportunities to network with SMEs to fine tune the working model and to demonstrate the project to potential investors and increase the chance of being funded for scaling up.
- Conduct hackathons to select students to enroll into Protosem, as six month course on innovation and entrepreneurship in the final semester.
1.Seyonn Technologies (2015):
Founded by Mr. K. Krishnaraj and Mr. Ashok Kumar currently has a team of 6 members. Seyonn website development, ERP Software for hybrid farms, Billing software for retail industry, SEO work for farms, I-Farmer App for buy and sell produce, updation of daily market price of produce, weather forecast, organic farming, terrace farming, and the contacts of experts, availability farm machineries and equipments.
2.MASH Technologies (2016):
S. Vignesh a 2016 passed out CSE student of MCET started this company. MASH has developed two major products one is the lorry transport aggregator and the other one is Tractor aggregator called Gold Farm. MASH is the technology partner for Mercury since August 2017. Government of Karnataka is a client of MASH and Mercury who are working towards implementing the Gold Farm tractor aggregator in Karnataka.
3. Awerum (2017):
K. Muthuselvan an alumnus of MCET partnering with Mr. M. Raguram, founded this company in 2017. Awerum offers IT services such as; web application, mobile application development, digital marketing, web services, e.commerce solutions, and custom PC app development.
4. Infinity Inside (2018):
T. Arun Kumar, an alumnus of MCET is a virtual Incubatee at CIBIE who started Infinity Inside in the year 2018. He offers billing software for retail industry and has also ventured into dairy industry.
5. Blink Automation (2018):
Aswinth Selvakumar and Premkumar students of Automobile Engineering jointly established the company in 2018. The team will introduce digital transaction inside the campus which will enable all cashless transaction in the canteens operating inside through RF ID card and scanner.
6. CreaMi (2018):
The students of Finearts Club joined together to commence an art gallery where they showcase their art work, craft work, etc. for sale. They plan to start an e.commerce website in future that will sell their artwork to a larger customer base.
7. Script Labs (2018):
Vignesh an alumnus of MCET who worked in MASH Technologies for a year resigned the job to start Script Labs in 2018. He offers software service to retail industry and also works on product development.
8. Chef Labs 2018:
S. Yoginth and Mr. Dhivyananthan both third year students of CSE Department established the software development company, Chef Labs in 2018. Chef Lab offers Android App development, e.commerce website for clients and also launched a social networks community called Gitote for the world of developers and about some future works like Open source Operating System and AI based attendance system.
9. Fresher Prep (2018):
Prakash, alumnus of CSE Department after a year’s experience has ventured into developing an online platform to enhance the competence and confidence of college students through general and company specific tests. This platform would effectively prepare the students to become industry ready. Fresher Prep was started in September 2018 and is a virtual incubatee.