Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology (MCET) is a self – financing educational institution situated in Pollachi, Coimbatore District. MCET is the vision of Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam, whose determination and dynamism made possible the realization of this institution of excellence. MCET was established in 1998 to commemorate the 75th Birthday of this great visionary Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam.
- B.E – Mechanical Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Electronics and Communication Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering – 120 *
- B.Tech – Information Technology – 120
- B.E – Automobile Engineering – 60 *
* Tier 1 – Accredited by NBA
- B.E – Civil Engineering – 60 *
- B.Tech – Artificial Intelligence & Data Science – 120
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) – 60
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security) – 60
- M.E ( CAD/CAM ) – 6
- M.E ( Embedded System Technologies ) – 12
- M.E ( Computer Science and Engineering ) – 12
- M.E (Communication Systems) – 12
- M.E (Structural Engineering) – 6
- MCA – Master of Computer Applications – 60
Research Programmes ( Ph.D)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Physics
Salient Features of Educational System
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- Outcome Based Education (OBE).
- Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE).
- Industry Driven Curriculum (IDC).
- Professional Skills Development Courses (PSDC).
- One Credit Courses (OCC)
- Industry Attachment Programmes (IAP).
- Student Talent Enhancement Program – Unleashing Potential (STEP-UP).
- Learning Methods.
- Collaborative Education Program (CEP).
Research and Development
As a progressive institution, MCET encourages faculty members to actively carry out research and development in their areas of interest.
- Notable Research
- Research on Green Energy and Environment
You can Voice
Currently, a Multi-Media Learning Tool is on the anvil to facilitate Indian Language Learning for Hearing Impaired Children.
Research Collaboration with University of Manitoba, Canada & Northumbria University, UK
A developmental study on Computer Aided Articulatory Model for Young Language Learners using MRI database is being developed.
Skill Development Programme – ‘Suryamitra’ at MCET
At MCET, National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) is hosting a Skill Development Program titled, “Suryamitra”, which is supported by the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India. It is a residential program that includes free meals and accommodation, with approximately 90 students completing three groups for 600 hours of training each.