Faculty Activities (2018-19)
Notable Projects: (2017-18)
Notable Projects: (2016-17)
- Award has been received by Dr.A.Rathinavelu, Principal, MCET in ICT Academy BRIDGE 2019, Chennai-37th Edition of ICT Academy BRIDGE Conference on 31st January 2019 at Le Royal Meridien, Chennai.
- Dr. K. Thirukumar has won the National and State Cloud Champion Award in Cloud Literacy month 2018 in the coordinator category held during the year 2018.
- Dr. K. Thirukumar is awarded with certification of appreciation for his instrumental role as SPOC for the SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter. Active SPOC for the Jul – Oct 2018
- The following faculty members have successfully completed their NPTEL online Course ( Jul – Oct 2018)
- Ms. C. Jayashree has successfully completed and she is one among the toppers in the workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Deep learning held at KEC, Tamilnadu during July 2018 conducted by leadingIndia.ai, a nationwide initiative by Bennett University, Greater Noida, India
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu has received certificate of appreciation for Best SPOC from Infosys Bengaluru, for his remarkable contribution to the Infosys Campus Connect Programme (2018).
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu, Mr. N. Gobi and Mr. R. Muralidharan have been recognized as BRONZE partner faculty under Inspire- The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model by Infosys Limited, Bengaluru (2018).
- Mr. P. Boopathirajan was awarded with Mentor certificate by Smart India Hackathon 2018 for mentoring the MCET Techie Troop (2018).
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu has received a grant of Rs.480000 from AICTE, New Delhi for conducting Faculty development Programme on “Machine Learning Techniques in Information Retrieval” during the financial year 2017-18
- Dr. A. Noble Mary Juliet and Dr. N. Senthil Madasamy have received certificate of Excellence in recognition of his successful completion of 2 weeks FDP on ICT and pedagogy conducted by IITB and one among the top 241 performers from a total of 5308 participants (2018).
- Dr. A. Noble Mary Juliet received one.Class Performance Award given by Oneoncloud.com , Digital Future of Education (2018).
- Ms. C. Devipriya received a certificate from NPTEL with Elite tag and the gold medal (Topper 1%) in “Problem solving through programming in C” course (2018)
- Dr. A. Noble Mary Juliet received certificate of appreciation as “Active SPOC “ for the NPTEL Local Chapter for two consecutive semesters (2017 – 2018).
- Dr. K. Thirukumar received the certificate of appreciation from NPTEL for his role as mentor for NPTEL online certification course “Database Management Systems” (2018)
- Ms. A. Brunda has guided the project “A* path finding algorithm for a 3D Game Environment “ which has received Best paper award in Second National Conference ASPCN organized by PSNA, Dindigul (2018).
- Mr. D. Hari has guided the project “Biped Robot Using D-Think Algorithm” which received Best paper presentation award in National Conference On Current And Emerging Process Technology organized by Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai (2018).
- Mr. K. Srinivasan received the certificate of appreciation from NPTEL for his role as mentor for NPTEL online certification course “Introduction to Internet of Things” (2017).
- Ms. C. Devipriya received a certificate from NPTEL with Elite tag (Topper 2%) in “Introduction to Programming in C” (2017).
- Dr. K. Thirukumar wasrecognized as SILVER partner faculty under Inspire- The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model by Infosys Limited, Bengaluru (2017).
- Mr. N. Gobi, Ms. S. C. Lavanya, Mr. R. Muralidharan , S. Kiruthika and Mr. P. Boopathirajan were recognized as BRONZE partner faculty under Inspire- The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model by Infosys Limited, Bengaluru (2017).
- Mr. T. Kanagasabapathy faculty mentor for II year students project batch participated in Smart India Hackathon at Cochin (2017)
- Mr. P. Boopathirajan faculty mentor for III Year students project batch participated in Smart India Hackathon Pune (2017)
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu and Mr. N. Gobi in association with MIC organized Misrosoft Azure Global Bootcamp and Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 launch ( 2017)
- Mr. J. Mano recognized for his work in Mozilla Tamilnadu community and invited for Annual Regional gathering (2017)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu & Mr.R.Muralidharan participated in Principals Meet at Infosys Pvt Ltd, Bangalore DC (2017)
- Mr.R.Muralidharan participated in ICTACT Bridge Event 2017 at Chennai (2017)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu visited James Cook University in Singapore & Australia (2017)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu participated in Productivity Conclave 2017 at Coimbatore(2017)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu has been nominated by AICTE-Southern Regional Office, Chennai as “Smart India Hackathon 2017 Ambassador” (2017)
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu visited TVS Motor Company Limited in OBE perspective (2017)
- Mr.J.Mano participated in Mozilaa Tamilnadu Meet 2017 at KGISL IT Campus (2017)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu visited Department of Science & Technology & Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi (2016)
- down arrow Mr. G. M. Karpura Dheepan represented MCET cricket team in Sakthi Premier League (2016)
- Mr.N.Gobi & Mr.J.Mano secured III Prize in Ramayana Quiz conducted by Gyan Quiz club (2016)
- Mr.K.Thirukumar, Mr.N.Gobi, Mr.T.Kanagasabapathy, Mr.K.Srinivasan, Mr.P.Boopathi Rajan & Mr.R.P.Vijai Ganesh secured several prizes in events conducted by Muthamil Mandram (2016)
- Mr.R. P. Vijai Ganesh & Ms. DivyaPriya secured prizes in events conducted by Sports Club (2016)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu & Mr.N.Gobi organized Hackathon in association with C# community and Microsoft Ventures. (2016)
- Ms. A. Brunda received Certificate of Excellence , in recognition of her contribution as Workshop Coordinator “ USE of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning” (2016)
- Ms. A. Brunda’s work “ Math Art “ was recognized in Imaginary MathLapse Festival 2016 at Berlin (2016)
- A. Rathinavelu represented MCET at 2nd International Congress on Vocational and Professional Education and Training at Winterthur, Switzerland. He also visited Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore in the aspect of Outcome based education and establishing Collaborative Partnership (2016)
- Active participation in Inspire Faculty contest through Infosys Campus Connect since 2011. Mr. Thirukumar, Mr. Gobi, Ms. S. C. Lavanya and Mr. R. Muralidharan recognized as Silver/ Bronze partner Faculty under Inspire-Infosys Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model (2011-16)
- Under the guidance of Dr. A. Rathinavelu, Ms. S. Geetha and Ms. C. Jayashree of II ME won I Place in Hon’ble Chief Minister’s Award for excellence in eGovernance conducted at District Level (2015)
- Mr. A. Gowrishankar and Dr.A. Reghu recognized by 3 X 3 Connect, for organizing Big Data Hackathon (LokiToki) – Coding Event (2015)
- Dr. A. Rathinavelu visited University of Calgary, Canada. The purpose of this visit is curriculum redesign and bringing in innovative pedagogical techniques to our campus (2014)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu attended the Microsoft Innovation Centre(MIC) Summit at Seattle, USA (2014)
- Ms.A.Brunda is recognized for her work on South Indian Traditional Art Suzhi Kolam and its application in Graph Theory. The work is displayed at the NIMS-IMAGINARY exhibition as part of International Congress of Mathematics (ICM 2014.), Seoul, South Korea (2014)
- Ms. J. Bhavithra, Mr. N. Gobi and J. Mano involved in CSI-Golden Tech bridge programme for school Teachers (2014)
- Mr. K. Srinivasan completed his 5 month training in Infrastructure Management Services at Tech Mahindra, Hyderabad in view of the MOU signed (2014)
- Dr.A.Rathinavelu, Mr.N.Gobi, Ms.D. Pavithra and Ms. S. Varunadevi were recognized as MEC Champion faculty under Microsoft’s Massively Empowered Classroom Initiative. (2014)
- Mr. K. Thirukumar and Ms. J. Bhavithra got appreciation certificate from Cisco Networking Academy for “5 years of active participation and service” as an instructor and award for 10 years (2002 – 2012) of active participation (2013)
- Ms. J. Bhavithra and Ms. D. Pavithra represented MCET for Training village Panchayath presidents on Tamil Nadu Government Web sites and software (2013)