Department of Civil Engineering
The department of Civil Engineering has been in existence since 2007 and has grown into a fully fledged department offering courses leading to B.E degree (4 years) in Civil Engineering and M.E (2 years) in Structural Engineering. The department has well qualified faculty and supporting staff in areas such as Structures, Geotech, Construction & Management, Environmental and Transportation Engineering.
The department places special emphasis on engineering automation. The students will be exposed to advanced computing techniques used for analysis and design. In this regard, the department provides opportunities for students to acquire knowledge in the latest softwares such as, STAADPRO, STRUDS, GIS, AUTOCAD, MS Project and ANSYS. Expertise gained in these automation tools will enhance the competitive edge of our graduates in the ever tighter job market.
The Department actively promotes curriculum development activity by updating existing courses, developing new courses and preparing resource material for teaching. It undertakes industrial consultancy works as a part of its interaction with industry and also organizes seminars/symposia for professional interaction. The Department contributes to the interdisciplinary academic and research activity of the Institute.
The Department of Civil Engineering can provide you with outstanding preparation for a career in government service, private consulting, industrial research, or academia. We invite you to call or visit our department to learn more about our programs and specific areas of study.
- To develop Competent Civil Engineers to meet the infrastructure Challenges of India and the world.
- To become one of the reputed departments offering Civil Engineering Program in the country.
- To produce excellent engineers to cope up with the changes through dynamic, innovative and flexible curriculum.
- To provide a conducive environment for teaching & learning and to develop leaders with effective communication skills.
- To conduct quality research driven by industry & societal needs and provide affordable engineering solutions.