Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology (MCET) is a self – financing educational institution situated in Pollachi, Coimbatore District. MCET is the vision of Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam, whose determination and dynamism made possible the realization of this institution of excellence. MCET was established in 1998 to commemorate the 75th Birthday of this great visionary Arutchelvar Dr. N. Mahalingam.
- B.E – Mechanical Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Electronics and Communication Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 120 *
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering – 120 *
- B.Tech – Information Technology – 120
- B.E – Automobile Engineering – 60 *
* Tier 1 – Accredited by NBA
# – New Course subject to approvall
- B.E – Civil Engineering – 60 *
- B.E – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering – 60 *
- B.Tech – Artificial Intelligence & Data Science – 60
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning) – 60 #
- B.E – Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security) – 60 #
- M.E ( CAD/CAM ) – 6
- M.E ( Embedded System Technologies ) – 12
- M.E ( Computer Science and Engineering ) – 12
- M.E (Communication Systems) – 12
- M.E (Structural Engineering) – 6
- MCA – Master of Computer Applications – 60
Research Programmes ( Ph.D)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Physics
Salient Features of Educational System
Research and Development
As a progressive institution, MCET encourages faculty members to actively carry out research and development in their areas of interest.
You can Voice
A Multimedia Learning tool which facilitates Indian Language Learning for Hearing Impaired Children is being developed.
Research Collaboration with University of Manitoba, Canada & Northumbria University, UK
A Developmental Study on Computer Aided Articulatory Model for Early Language Learners using MRI database is being developed.
Skill Development Programme – ‘Suryamitra’ at MCET
“Suryamitra” – a skill development program of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in collaboration with State Nodal Agencies, which is sponsored by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India is organizing at MCET. About 90 students have successfully completed in three batches of 600 hours training each, which is a residential program includes free boarding and lodging.